There are a number of fraudulent or misleading scams using the names of well-known retailers, including JB Hi-Fi.
These scams can involve emails or SMS messages, phone calls, social media posts or other unsolicited promotions that use the JB Hi-Fi brand to request personal or financial information or direct you to “scam” websites that appear to be linked to the retailer.
These may also take the form of competitions to win gift cards or purchase heavily discounted products, which for example:
- ask recipients to fill out surveys and provide personal details.
- send SMS or email messages directing you to websites requesting credit card details to purchase product or personal information (these websites may look like JB Hi-Fi websites).
- ask recipients to share, comment or like a Facebook page.
Please note that JB Hi-Fi will never ask for your personal or banking details in unsolicited communications. We suggest that you do not respond to or participate in, any offer that appears suspicious or too good to be true.
If you have a query about an offer that you’ve received, please contact us and include any details or URLs that might help us to respond to your query in a timely manner.
If you would like more information on current scams or would like to report a scam, please contact Scamwatch via their website at https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam
In addition to the above you can use the following ways to help minimise your risk of being exposed to scams:
- Use the latest version of your anti-virus software
- Use the latest version of your web browser