You can trade in old console games for new ones or another product when shopping in-store. Here’s everything you need to know about our games trade-in service.
Got an old game you want to trade in for a new one or put towards another product? You can bring in your old game in-store and we’ll assess it on the spot and give you a store credit to use on another game or product purchase on the same day.
We don’t trade for cash or JB Hi-Fi Gift cards
See below for important things to know about how game trade-ins work in different states.
You must be over the age of 18 in order to trade in a game
Physical photo ID (drivers’ licence, proof of age card) must be presented so we can verify your age and your residential address. Additional identification documents may be required if the photo ID does not show a residential address.
What games you can trade in
- PS5 games
- Xbox Series X games
- PS4 games
- Xbox One games
- Nintendo Switch games
Trade-ins not accepted
We don’t accept game trades for the following consoles and categories:
- Xbox 360
- PS2 / PS3
- PSP & PS Vita
- Nintendo Wii U
- Nintendo DS & 3DS
- Gameboy Advance
- Retro (Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, PlayStation 1 etc)
- Gaming accessories (on any format - this includes controllers, steering wheels, light guns, memory cards etc)
- Gaming consoles (PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, XBOX, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE Wii, Wii U etc)
- Burnt and pirated games
- Demo games
- Sample or promo games
- Games that do not carry an Australian Rating/Classification
Imported NTSC software and games purchased overseas (these will not work on the majority of Australian consoles)
The following will prevent trade-ins or lower the trade-in price offered
- The game is missing its original case/cover
- The game is badly scratched
- The game has no instruction manual
- The game has no slick
Important things to know
- Maximum of 1 copy of any particular title per transaction per person each day.
- Trade-in offer is available in-store only. Value of your trade-in is determined by JB Hi-Fi (taking into account various factors, including the make and condition of your game) and is only valid until close of business when the store closes on the same day as quoted.
- For 'Free when you Trade' promotions, no multiples of the same game will be permitted, inclusions and exclusions apply.
- You must be over the age of 18 in order to trade-in a game. Physical photo ID (drivers’ licence, proof of age card) required. Additional identification documents may be required if photo ID does not show residential address.
- You will receive a docket to co-sign by a staff member.
- Please note that you may be required to download/purchase additional content to play some of the pre-owned games online.
- In W.A, all goods traded-in must have been purchased by you as new goods (i.e. you cannot trade-in goods that were originally purchased by you as second-hand goods), and if the trade-in value of the goods traded-in by you (as assessed by JB Hi-Fi) is $200 or more, then you must produce proof of purchase for the goods.
- You cannot be under the influence of drugs or alcohol when you are trading in products.
JB Hi-Fi Group Pty Ltd, is a Registered Second-Hand Dealer in QLD, VIC, NT, SA and TAS
Terms and conditions apply. Trade in values subject to change at any time. However, unforeseen manufacturing, supply or delivery problems or unexpected demand may occasionally result in stock unavailability. Rain-checks will be offered where possible. Purchase limit rights reserved. Unless otherwise stated, accessories shown are extra.
Games ratings classifications:
- G suitable for all ages
- G8+ suitable for persons 8 years and over
- PG parental guidance
- M suitable for persons 15 years and over
- MA15+ restricted to persons 15 years and over. Exempt from classification
- R18+ Restricted to adults 18 years and over