You’ll need to provide the following details to transfer your service:
- The mobile number you want to transfer
- What type of service you’re transferring from (either a service with monthly billing, or a Pre-Paid service)
- For services which are billed, we’ll need your telecommunication provider’s account number (you can find this on your most recent bill, or if you’re heading to a JB Hi-Fi store, bring your most recent bill with you)
- Your date of birth (if you have a Pre-Paid service, it’s important that your date of birth is the same as your current provider to avoid delays in transferring the number)
- Your name and address
- An alternate contact method (e.g a different contact number or email address) where you can be reached during the transfer
- 100 points of ID
Good to know: Make sure the details you provide match your details with your previous provider. Incorrect or mismatching details may delay the transfer. If we have any issues with your request, we’ll send you a text message with your order number, and ask you to reply.
JB Hi-Fi Mobile is brought to you in partnership with Telstra. Before you can transfer your service to JB Hi-Fi Mobile, Telstra will send you an SMS as part of the pre-port verification process. The number that you want to transfer to JB Hi-Fi Mobile needs to be active with your current telecommunication provider at the time of transfer. You’ll be able to use your existing service during the transfer process, and once it’s complete, your old service will be automatically disconnected.