Manufacturer after sales assistance
Many manufacturers have dedicated support centres designed specifically to deal with issues in relation to their products and may even provide in home support and advanced trouble shooting. In many circumstances the manufacturer may therefore be able to provide a quicker assessment of, and remedy for, any issue with your product, even if the manufacturer’s warranty has expired. You may therefore prefer to contact the manufacturer rather than JB Hi-Fi, although you are not obliged to do this and, if at any time you are not satisfied with the manufacturer’s remedy in relation to your legal rights, you can contact the store manager of your nearest JB Hi-Fi store for assistance.
Using your kick scooter for the first time
For your safety and to allow time for you to be familiar with a new riding experience, the new kick scooter will be locked in E-Save mode of up to 15km/h for the first 200m of riding. After that, the kick scooter will give a beeping sound. You can now switch modes and ride at maximum speed.
If your e-scooter exhibits any of the below listed symptoms, please try the following before seeking after-sales support:
- Power: To better protect the battery system, the kick scooter has been placed in transportation mode before leaving the factory. Please ensure you connect the charger and plug it into the mains supply to activate and charge the kick scooter before first use.
- Setup: Follow the instructions shown in the unboxing and setup video
- Speed: E-save flashing indicates you are in custom [speed] mode and gear change is not allowed for safety reasons. To exit custom [speed] mode, enter NIU app and turn off custom mode.
- Brake: Drum and disc brakes can be adjusted to suit your personal preference. Adjustment instructions are included in the instruction manual.
- Pairing: Each time that a different mobile device is used, the pairing will need to be done again. If a change of NIU account is required, the original account holder will need to unbind the kick scooter from the account first.
- Damage: Tyres that are damaged due to misuse are not covered under warranty. All service/ spare parts enquiries can be made at support.niu-mobility.com.au
Fault code showing on your e-scooters display
There are specific fault codes that can appear on your e-scooters display screen, if a fault code is displayed on your e-scooter’s display screen, please visit our support portal to enter the fault code and access the troubleshooting tips to resolve your issue.
In the event that you are instructed to return your e-scooter to your place of purchase, it is important to retain your original receipt as proof of purchase and ideally the original packaging.